Hyundai Car Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Accent engine hesitation

 
theta00k@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2004, 10:44 AM
In article <T4ucc.20207$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Jon Dalton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>My friend's accent has a problem with engine hestitation at low rpms. When
>you step on the gas below 2500-300 rpm, it goes chug-chug-chug-chug and has
>no power. While driving, this also causes a jerky effect. The spark plugs
>are new. Is this a common problem? I heard the ignition system has
>frequent failures, so could this likely be the cause of it?


What year Accent?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jon Dalton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2004, 11:49 AM
My friend's accent has a problem with engine hestitation at low rpms. When
you step on the gas below 2500-300 rpm, it goes chug-chug-chug-chug and has
no power. While driving, this also causes a jerky effect. The spark plugs
are new. Is this a common problem? I heard the ignition system has
frequent failures, so could this likely be the cause of it?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
dforant1@nycap.rr.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2004, 01:14 PM
When was the gas filter changed, ignition wires,fuel injection
attended to? Timing chain? etc.....

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:44:42 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>In article <T4ucc.20207$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Jon Dalton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>My friend's accent has a problem with engine hestitation at low rpms. When
>>you step on the gas below 2500-300 rpm, it goes chug-chug-chug-chug and has
>>no power. While driving, this also causes a jerky effect. The spark plugs
>>are new. Is this a common problem? I heard the ignition system has
>>frequent failures, so could this likely be the cause of it?

>
>What year Accent?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Sudip Bhattacharjee
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2004, 05:46 PM
I have same problem. I drive Accent GL, 2001, four door sedan. When I am
starting, say in the morning, it behaves strangely initial few minutes, it
does not move; I feel like some one is simply holding the car behind, then
after one min I feel a sudden rush of gas (although I didnt not press
further) and then a jerk and then slowly speed up and I can distinctly
feel its trying hard to change gear. It takes around 5-6 min before
everything becomes normal and then it runs fine.

Is it because of engine temperature? Right now I am living in Worcester,
MA, USA and we have 34-36 F in morning.

Sudip


On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Jon Dalton wrote:

> My friend's accent has a problem with engine hestitation at low rpms. When
> you step on the gas below 2500-300 rpm, it goes chug-chug-chug-chug and has
> no power. While driving, this also causes a jerky effect. The spark plugs
> are new. Is this a common problem? I heard the ignition system has
> frequent failures, so could this likely be the cause of it?
>
>
>


Sudip Bhattacharjee
Ph.D. Student
Pavement Research Group
Civil Engineering
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA-01609, USA
Tell: 508-831-5011 (off)
508-831-6034 (asphalt lab)
508=831-6134 (graduate computer lab)

 
Reply With Quote
 
theta00k@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2004, 08:01 PM
In article <J5Dcc.11245$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Jon Dalton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>It's a 1995 with the 12 valve engine


How many kilos on the odometer?

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:c4u1nr$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <T4ucc.20207$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Jon Dalton"

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >My friend's accent has a problem with engine hestitation at low rpms.

>When
>> >you step on the gas below 2500-300 rpm, it goes chug-chug-chug-chug and

>has
>> >no power. While driving, this also causes a jerky effect. The spark

>plugs
>> >are new. Is this a common problem? I heard the ignition system has
>> >frequent failures, so could this likely be the cause of it?

>>
>> What year Accent?

>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
theta00k@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2004, 08:27 PM
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Sudip Bhattacharjee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I have same problem. I drive Accent GL, 2001, four door sedan. When I am
>starting, say in the morning, it behaves strangely initial few minutes, it
>does not move; I feel like some one is simply holding the car behind, then
>after one min I feel a sudden rush of gas (although I didnt not press
>further) and then a jerk and then slowly speed up and I can distinctly
>feel its trying hard to change gear. It takes around 5-6 min before
>everything becomes normal and then it runs fine.
>
>Is it because of engine temperature? Right now I am living in Worcester,
>MA, USA and we have 34-36 F in morning.


Look up these shops in the phone book, call the nearest one from your home to
schedule an appointment, take your car to the shop to have it diagnosed.

Auto Diagnostics Inc
Auto Doctor
AutoPro Import Repair
Chadwick Sq. Texaco
P & P motors
S+o Auto Inc.


>On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Jon Dalton wrote:
>
>> My friend's accent has a problem with engine hestitation at low rpms. When
>> you step on the gas below 2500-300 rpm, it goes chug-chug-chug-chug and has
>> no power. While driving, this also causes a jerky effect. The spark plugs
>> are new. Is this a common problem? I heard the ignition system has
>> frequent failures, so could this likely be the cause of it?
>>
>>
>>

>
>Sudip Bhattacharjee
>Ph.D. Student
>Pavement Research Group
>Civil Engineering
>Worcester Polytechnic Institute
>100 Institute Road
>Worcester, MA-01609, USA
>Tell: 508-831-5011 (off)
> 508-831-6034 (asphalt lab)
> 508=831-6134 (graduate computer lab)
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jon Dalton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-06-2004, 09:56 PM
It's a 1995 with the 12 valve engine
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c4u1nr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <T4ucc.20207$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Jon Dalton"

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >My friend's accent has a problem with engine hestitation at low rpms.

When
> >you step on the gas below 2500-300 rpm, it goes chug-chug-chug-chug and

has
> >no power. While driving, this also causes a jerky effect. The spark

plugs
> >are new. Is this a common problem? I heard the ignition system has
> >frequent failures, so could this likely be the cause of it?

>
> What year Accent?



 
Reply With Quote
 
Beebo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2004, 06:48 AM
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 04:49:13 -0700, "Jon Dalton"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My friend's accent has a problem with engine hestitation at low rpms. When
>you step on the gas below 2500-300 rpm, it goes chug-chug-chug-chug and has
>no power. While driving, this also causes a jerky effect. The spark plugs
>are new. Is this a common problem? I heard the ignition system has
>frequent failures, so could this likely be the cause of it?
>


Check engine light on? Flashing at anytime, like during acceleration?

Car recently died suddenly?

Beebo


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jon Dalton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2004, 07:40 AM
About 150,000. It was bought at around 120,000 without the hesitation.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c4v2af$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <J5Dcc.11245$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Jon Dalton"

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >It's a 1995 with the 12 valve engine

>
> How many kilos on the odometer?
>
> ><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:c4u1nr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> In article <T4ucc.20207$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Jon Dalton"

> ><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> >My friend's accent has a problem with engine hestitation at low rpms.

> >When
> >> >you step on the gas below 2500-300 rpm, it goes chug-chug-chug-chug

and
> >has
> >> >no power. While driving, this also causes a jerky effect. The spark

> >plugs
> >> >are new. Is this a common problem? I heard the ignition system has
> >> >frequent failures, so could this likely be the cause of it?
> >>
> >> What year Accent?

> >
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jon Dalton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2004, 11:35 AM
no to all of that
"Beebo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 04:49:13 -0700, "Jon Dalton"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >My friend's accent has a problem with engine hestitation at low rpms.

When
> >you step on the gas below 2500-300 rpm, it goes chug-chug-chug-chug and

has
> >no power. While driving, this also causes a jerky effect. The spark

plugs
> >are new. Is this a common problem? I heard the ignition system has
> >frequent failures, so could this likely be the cause of it?
> >

>
> Check engine light on? Flashing at anytime, like during acceleration?
>
> Car recently died suddenly?
>
> Beebo
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XG350 hesitation Seamus J. Wilson Hyundai Grandeur / Azera / XG 14 04-23-2006 06:21 PM
Big hesitation at 3000 RPM with 2001 XG B Crawford Hyundai Grandeur / Azera / XG 1 03-20-2006 06:05 PM
Hesitation problem 02 Elantra Paul Frankfurter Hyundai Elantra / Lantra 3 08-02-2005 11:06 PM
Accent Air Conditioning Hesitation Michael Caratzas Hyundai Accent 2 07-11-2004 05:24 PM
2000 Sonata with hesitation problem - ideas? Jason Hyundai Sonata 5 11-19-2003 12:36 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05 AM.