Hyundai Car Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Windshield Washer - 2007 Santa Fe

 
jim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-16-2008, 10:41 PM
The windshield washer on my wife's 07 Santa Fe quit working.

I checked the fluid and although it was down a little, I filled it up. No
help.

Read window fluid is just a short stream, not continuous, like with my 07
Santa Fe.

I think both are fed from the same resevoir, right?

I hear the pump motor running when trying the washer but nothing.

I'm 45 miles from nearest dealer so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Edwin Pawlowski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-17-2008, 01:28 AM

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> The windshield washer on my wife's 07 Santa Fe quit working.
>
> I checked the fluid and although it was down a little, I filled it up. No
> help.
>
> Read window fluid is just a short stream, not continuous, like with my 07
> Santa Fe.
>
> I think both are fed from the same resevoir, right?



No, your wife's car has its own resevoir and your car has one of its own.



>
> I'm 45 miles from nearest dealer so any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,


So, you need a ride home? We have to know where you live in order to help
like that.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
hyundaitech
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-17-2008, 01:29 AM
You'll need to check for a pinched/blocked/cut/fallen off hose. Have a
assistant operate the washer while you check. If it's coming ou
somewhere, that should be apparent very soon. If not, pop a hose off th
nozzle and see if fluid comes out.

I also saw a case or two where some gunk clogged the inlet screen in th
pump.

-
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.hyundai
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.htm


 
Reply With Quote
 
jim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-17-2008, 02:25 AM
Thanks HT, will do that tomorrow AM. There is no leakage that I saw, so
will pop off a hose. Is it just a matter of popping it off really or is
there something holding it on?

Both washers fed from same container?

Jim

"hyundaitech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) lkaboutautos.com...
> You'll need to check for a pinched/blocked/cut/fallen off hose. Have an
> assistant operate the washer while you check. If it's coming out
> somewhere, that should be apparent very soon. If not, pop a hose off the
> nozzle and see if fluid comes out.
>
> I also saw a case or two where some gunk clogged the inlet screen in the
> pump.
>
> --
> Message posted using
> http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.hyundai/
> More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
jim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-17-2008, 02:31 AM
That is so funny Edwin. I cannot imagine how you take time off from Leno's
show to grace us with your humor.

I mean I was ROTFLMAO.

HAHAHAHA.

Jim

"Edwin Pawlowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Bexfk.33201$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> The windshield washer on my wife's 07 Santa Fe quit working.
>>
>> I checked the fluid and although it was down a little, I filled it up.
>> No help.
>>
>> Read window fluid is just a short stream, not continuous, like with my
>> 07 Santa Fe.
>>
>> I think both are fed from the same resevoir, right?

>
>
> No, your wife's car has its own resevoir and your car has one of its own.
>
>
>
>>
>> I'm 45 miles from nearest dealer so any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,

>
> So, you need a ride home? We have to know where you live in order to help
> like that.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
jim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-17-2008, 03:46 PM
As I said in my other reply, there is no leakage.

I looked at trying to get at the hoses to pop off but I cannot see any way
to get to them. Everything seems to be sealed off prohibiting me from
getting to the container holding the fluid. Can you help here?

Thanks,

Jim

"hyundaitech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) lkaboutautos.com...
> You'll need to check for a pinched/blocked/cut/fallen off hose. Have an
> assistant operate the washer while you check. If it's coming out
> somewhere, that should be apparent very soon. If not, pop a hose off the
> nozzle and see if fluid comes out.
>
> I also saw a case or two where some gunk clogged the inlet screen in the
> pump.
>
> --
> Message posted using
> http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.hyundai/
> More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
hyundaitech
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-18-2008, 01:02 AM
I don't have one of these around to look at right now, but presuming th
nozzles are on top of the hood, you should be able to pop a hose off fro
one of the nozzles from under the hood or the tee which divides the hos
into two sections, one going to each nozzle. The hose should just pul
off

-
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.hyundai
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.htm


 
Reply With Quote
 
jim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-18-2008, 11:21 PM
I've posted 3 pictures I took of the extension pipe area where the pipe goes
down into the resevoir.

http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l343/jwhite18816/

I'm unable to see anyway to get to the main resevoir.

Thanks,

Jim

"hyundaitech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) lkaboutautos.com...
>I don't have one of these around to look at right now, but presuming the
> nozzles are on top of the hood, you should be able to pop a hose off from
> one of the nozzles from under the hood or the tee which divides the hose
> into two sections, one going to each nozzle. The hose should just pull
> off.
>
> --
> Message posted using
> http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.hyundai/
> More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Larry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2008, 12:02 AM

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
I've posted 3 pictures I took of the extension pipe area where the pipe goes
down into the resevoir.

http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l343/jwhite18816/

I'm unable to see anyway to get to the main resevoir.

Thanks,

Jim

"hyundaitech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) lkaboutautos.com...
>I don't have one of these around to look at right now, but presuming the
> nozzles are on top of the hood, you should be able to pop a hose off from
> one of the nozzles from under the hood or the tee which divides the hose
> into two sections, one going to each nozzle. The hose should just pull
> off.
>
> --
> Message posted using
> http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.hyundai/
> More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
>
>

Hi Jim,

I had a very similar problem that was caused by scummy pieces in the
reservoir tank. Try this:

Take off a hose under the hood where the washer connects to the tee to the
hood nozzles, and blow back through the hose. If it is this scum that has
covered the filter screen on the pump, it should work at this point as you
will have blown it off. This is only a temporary fix as the scum will get
back on the filter quite quickly.

Use a siphon to siphon all the fluid out of the reservoir - you will likely
see some of this scum I am referring to. I had to flush out the reservoir
about 6 times with a garden hose on full pressure to get the scum off the
walls of the reservoir. Siphon out the water each time until you see no more
scum come out.

Change your windshield washer soap to another brand. Some brands are prone
to this apparently. I can't remember what the brand was that caused this
problem on mine as I threw it out. I fought this problem for 6 months
before I finally fixed it by doing this procedure and it's now about 8
months later and no further problems.

Larry




 
Reply With Quote
 
jim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2008, 02:44 AM

"Larry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:48812f05$0$30465$(E-Mail Removed) u...
>
> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I've posted 3 pictures I took of the extension pipe area where the pipe
> goes
> down into the resevoir.
>
> http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l343/jwhite18816/
>
> I'm unable to see anyway to get to the main resevoir.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim
>
> "hyundaitech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) lkaboutautos.com...
>>I don't have one of these around to look at right now, but presuming the
>> nozzles are on top of the hood, you should be able to pop a hose off from
>> one of the nozzles from under the hood or the tee which divides the hose
>> into two sections, one going to each nozzle. The hose should just pull
>> off.
>>
>> --
>> Message posted using
>> http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.hyundai/
>> More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
>>
>>

> Hi Jim,
>
> I had a very similar problem that was caused by scummy pieces in the
> reservoir tank. Try this:
>
> Take off a hose under the hood where the washer connects to the tee to the
> hood nozzles, and blow back through the hose. If it is this scum that has
> covered the filter screen on the pump, it should work at this point as you
> will have blown it off. This is only a temporary fix as the scum will get
> back on the filter quite quickly.
>
> Use a siphon to siphon all the fluid out of the reservoir - you will
> likely
> see some of this scum I am referring to. I had to flush out the reservoir
> about 6 times with a garden hose on full pressure to get the scum off the
> walls of the reservoir. Siphon out the water each time until you see no
> more
> scum come out.
>
> Change your windshield washer soap to another brand. Some brands are
> prone
> to this apparently. I can't remember what the brand was that caused this
> problem on mine as I threw it out. I fought this problem for 6 months
> before I finally fixed it by doing this procedure and it's now about 8
> months later and no further problems.
>
> Larry
>
>
>

Thanks for the info Larry. I have no idea what brand is being used. It is
all taken care of when I/She gets the oil and filter changed. The last time
at a Hyundai dealer in Ft. Myers Fl.

I would love to take the hose off but the current problem I have is locating
where to get to the the tee. As far as I can tell there is no access area
for that. I can't even see where the hoses go to the outlets in front of
the windshield.

I suppose if I can get the hoses off and they aren't filled with the scum, I
can take my pressure washer to the reservoir, but don't want to do that
until I get something opened up for it to drain.

Are you talking about an 07 Santa Fe also? If so, I'd sure like to know how
to get to the hose/reservoir connection.

Thanks,

Jim
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
windshield washer motor replacement melz Hyundai Elantra / Lantra 2 03-07-2013 06:46 PM
Windshield Washer Problem LHS General Motoring 5 01-15-2007 05:01 AM
I have a question about windshield damage on a 2003 Santa Fe. Mike O'Donnell Hyundai Santa Fe 8 10-30-2005 02:01 PM
Santa Fe rear washer spray zeppo Hyundai Santa Fe 8 03-23-2005 05:23 AM
2002 Santa Fe - Windshield washer question Arsenal Hyundai Santa Fe 1 10-05-2004 02:00 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 PM.