2011 Sonata cranks but won't start

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Richard LaFata, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Richard LaFata

Richard LaFata

I was reading some other forums on your site regarding this problem and one answer was the crank sensor. If the sensor is bad will that stop fuel from entering the system, because when I sprayed a little starting fluid into the intake the car started and ran fine? Will that crank sensor throw a check engine light? The car is running now without any problems. How can I test the the crank sensor to see if it should be replaced ?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    Richard LaFata, Jul 14, 2016
  2. Richard LaFata

Richard LaFata

I had a similar problem but when we used starting fluid the car ran. I checked all the relays, ran all kinds of tests and it wasn't throwing any codes. It turned out to be a bad BATTERY. If you have the original battery in the car go for the $100. What have you got to lose. Go simple first.

Richard LaFata, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Richard LaFata

avisitor

The test you ran by spraying starting fluid into the in-take and having the engine run
    Is only valid if you can repeat it a couple of times.
    If the engine does start each time then the starting issue has nothing to do with the battery
    It must be a different issue. Unless you are saying that a new battery made the fuel pump start working??
    Well, who knows .. have heard stranger things

avisitor, Aug 3, 2017
Ask a Question