changing battery

Discussion in 'Hyundai Sonata' started by ronf, Sep 21, 2016.

1. ronf

ronf

I own a 2013 Sonota limited that needed a new battery. Had car towed to dealership under Hyundai warranty. They replaced battery with installation charge of $99. It came back with 2 1/2 yrs of addresses in the navigation system erased. I did some research & found several YouTube videos explaining how to preserve the computer without erasing when the battery disconnected. The first one used a Mercedes as demo I also called Sams Club to ask if they could change battery w/o erasing the computer. They said, as did the YouTube videos, that they would hook up a OBD2 to the under dash hookup with an external power supply and then to disconnect the battery and replace. Both the local Hyundai & Kia dealers in effect said "you need to write down the radio presets & reenter" It's like they didn't know about the navigation content in the computer. If the You Tube instructions and Sams club are valid; why doesn't Hyundai have a procedure & train properly in battery replacement?

ronf, Sep 21, 2016
  2. ronf

ronf

An addition to the "changing battery" post; the Mercedes demo video is at . there are a number of demo videos -some under "saving computer memory" close by. I love my Sonata but why don't they know about saving computer memory?

ronf, Sep 22, 2016
Ask a Question