02 Sonata door lock problems

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Lea A., Aug 26, 2015.

1. Lea A.

Lea A.

The locks have been acting up for a while now and I've just come to get used to it, but I'm so tired of locking my keys in my car.
    When I unlock the doors with the remote and someone happens to open the passenger door first, the doors will immediately lock afterwards. Then I'll have to start all over.
    Sometimes, when I put my key in the ignition, they will all either lock or unlock, depending on whether the were locked or unlocked in the first place.
    Sometimes when I'm driving they will randomly lock. I figure it's because my car shakes really bad.
    Every time you close the passenger door, they will all lock.
    It literally gets stressful and I don't know anything about cars so if someone could dumb it down for me, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Lea A., Aug 26, 2015
  2. Lea A.

Jackie Fitch

Lea,
    I picked up a 2001 Sonata in June and having similar problems. I locked myself out within days of owning the car when I was sure I did not lock the door. On numerous occasions, found the door locked when it shouldn't be and visa-versa. I am not using the remote at all and removed it from my key ring thinking I was hitting it by mistake. Finally a few days ago I actually heard it lock and unlock several times in a row all by itself. Now my battery is going dead as a result of this cyclic locking and unlocking. I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow and will let you know what they say.

Jackie Fitch, Sep 3, 2015
Ask a Question