'03 Accent Won't crank suddenly. All dash indicators ok

Discussion in 'Hyundai Accent' started by George Craven, Feb 9, 2017.

1. George Craven

George Craven

I have an '03 Accent that has been going along just nicely. Yesterday I stopped at a friend's house for a few minutes, then attempted to start car. All indicator lights came on fine, but zero response when I turned the key to the 'Start' position. I tested battery, (6 mos. old) it was fine. I tried to jump it, did not work.

I have tried moving the shifter to possibly reset the safety switch but nothing seemed to help. I do not have to turn wheel side to side with brake to turn ignition switch,

All accessories work fine. OBDII codes only show misfires in cylinders 1 & 4. I changed plugs, though of course it wouldn't fix the no crank issue. 205520 miles on it.

Also, (Possibly related), When car door is open and no key in ignition, the chime still rings. I cannot lock the doors with them open and must close them and use key to lock car. May I please ask what to do next?

George Craven, Feb 9, 2017
Ask a Question