04 Elantra Screws, nuts, bolts parts and sizing

Discussion in 'Hyundai Elantra / Lantra' started by yonason, Jan 15, 2018.

1. yonason

yonason

I recently had body work done after car was hit in accident by someone making an illegal turn. Unfortunately, I didn't know what shoddy workmanship they did and went back, with little help that got me nowhere. My problem is that the left headlight was replaced and I only have one screw in rubber cover, that isn't even the correct one. Also, My lower fender skirt/ splash guard over the front wheels are poorly attached with some cable ties. I was driving the car over a bridge and heard scraping sound that I thought came from a flat tire, but it turned out to be the left skirt dragging on the ground, since it wasn't really attached. I would like to know what size screws/bolts I need and possibly the part numbers, with a lead on where I could get them from. Thanks

yonason, Jan 15, 2018
  2. yonason

avisitor

You can get almost all your nuts and screws and body part rivets at Pepboys.
    But, if you don't know the sizes then it will not be easy

avisitor, Jan 16, 2018
  3. yonason

yonason

Would they have a parts list based on location in car? Do they stock all as standard practice, or is it just what it universal? Thanks. I will try to locate one near me to follow up. I was kind of hoping that it wouldn’t be too time lengthy and someone would have the part Numbers and sizes at hand.

yonason, Jan 17, 2018
  4. yonason

avisitor

Specific for Hyundai would have to have shop repair manual from Hyundai.
    And Pepboys just carries universal stuff.
    Parts list? Don't know for certain ... I don't think any autoparts store would be that specific

avisitor, Jan 18, 2018
  5. yonason

yonason

Thanks, I couldn't find a repair manual at library or online. Am not in mood to spend 100s of dollars for one on ebay. I appreciate the help.

yonason, Jan 18, 2018
Ask a Question