05 Elantra, best place to find wiring diagram to ID errant wire?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Elantra / Lantra' started by TT_Vert, Nov 2, 2018.

1. TT_Vert

TT_Vert

I've got a wire that I can only find one end of going up into the steering column harness (or possibly brake switch harness) I cannot tell exactly right now. The car has a remote start so perhaps the hack did this but I gave the car to my niece years ago and today while doing a few things to it I saw wires hanging out that I have to address. Everything seems to work on the car w/ both the OEM and aftermarket remote start key fobs and everything internal to the car seems to function as far as I can tell. It's definitely a factory wire. I don't know if I'm going color blind or what but i cannot tell if this is a white, tan or light yellow with a blue tracer. Perhaps you guys can steer me to some wiring diagrams to figure this out? Or maybe one of you has an idea what this wire is or the color at least

I'm going to have to double check but if I recall I was seeing an odd voltage out of it (~11.4Vdc) and I know the battery is well above that. Autozone has some diags but I'm looking for a needle in a haystack right now it appears.

here is the wire:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/je2njtrktmxy0zd/2018-11-01 00.44.37.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzkgzvvpmnrm3t8/2018-11-01 00.44.33.jpg?dl=0
    Dave

TT_Vert, Nov 2, 2018
  2. TT_Vert

avisitor

Assuming white with blue tracer then it could be blower motor or relay wire

Assuming it is yellow with blue tracer then it could be the CEL illumination wire

But really don't know

avisitor, Nov 4, 2018
  3. TT_Vert

TT_Vert

Thanks, traced it back to the remote start this guy installed. He didn't exactly do a great job.

Dave

TT_Vert, Nov 4, 2018
Ask a Question