06 Sonata CEL issuesy

Discussion in 'Hyundai Sonata' started by theDude, Aug 7, 2016.

1. theDude

theDude

Hey, first time poster here. Recently purchased an 06 Sonata that had been sitting around for a few months. No codes were present when i bought it and it passsed a NYS Inspection. Drove the car home and fueled up the next morning when my troubles started. Stepped on the gas and ESC off light along with CEL appeared and it went into limp mode. Limped it home and cleared the codes(p2106, p2135, p2422 and p1295) before I did anyting else the codes would come and go when starting the car. So first step I took in fixing the issues was cleaning up the throttle body. This was working fine for about 60 miles and the CEL came back on, no ESC off and not in limp mode thank God. Connected my scanner and the same type of codes were there. Cleared those, drove another 20 miles and CEL is back on. This time the p2422 code is back 2 times(one is pending?) My first thought is to install a new TPS and possibly a PPS. Some searching around the Internet has indicated it may be the EVAP system located behind the l/s/r wheel at the fuel filler neck. That looks a little more involved then replacing the TPS. Have any of you guys experinced a simmilar issue, what part would you suggest replacing first? Also it seems there may be an issue with the factory TPS as there is an updated version available. I hope someone here could point me in the right direction without throwing my time and money away. The internet is a strange and frustrating place...

theDude, Aug 7, 2016
  2. theDude

theDude

I'm still having issues with the P2422 code (along with another one pending) for the EVAP vent valve stuck closed along with a P0442 for a slight leak. Will replacing the vent soleinoid fix both issues or should i look into replacing the whole canister for an additonal $200? Also does anybody read this forum? This thread has about 20 views, I'm sure at least 5 are mine, yet there are no replys... ​

theDude, Aug 16, 2016
Ask a Question