07' Sonata 3.3L V6 Strut Replacement

Discussion in 'Hyundai Sonata' started by Lumberjack74, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Lumberjack74

Lumberjack74

Hey ya'll! I'm new to this forum, and forums in general. I'm hoping someone on here will have some advice on struts. I'm looking into replacing the front struts on my 2007 Sonata 3.3 liter V6 with 92,000 miles and i've read that you are better off changing JUST the struts, not a complete quick kit (spring and strut assembly). Apparently these "quick kits" have sub par bearings and the springs, themselves, are either too stiff or too weak/soft and when measured the springs are not the same thickness or diameter leading to different from stock ride height and either a sloppy ride or a really stiff ride!? I agree that changing them out with a completer quick kit would be safer and quicker to do, but i don't want to spend more $ on said quick kit if it's going to end up giving my car a crappy ride. What are y'alls thoughts on just replacing struts ONLY vs. the whole kit? And with your answer, what brand would you recommend for either choice of kit or just struts? Thanks in advance for any help with this! BTW... I am mechanically inclined and able to the work myself. However, any pointers would be much appreciated! THANKS!

Lumberjack74, Sep 21, 2021
Ask a Question