2.7L V6 Santa Fe GLS 4WD warning light !!!??

Discussion in 'Hyundai Santa Fe' started by gudbye1, Sep 19, 2011.

1. gudbye1

gudbye1

I am sure this question was asked before I was not able to trace the specifics of the answer to the model I have above. Still confused :confused:

It is a 2005 Santa Fe, GLS, 2.7L V6, 4WD, Auto transmission bought in Canada. The manual says the 4WD warning light (if installed) should come on for a few seconds when the ignition switch is moved from OFF to ON.

I am not sure if I have:
    a) 4wd in the first place or
    b) if the bulb is bad or
    c) it is not meant to go on for GLS V6 2.7L.

I am wondering if the dealer took me for a ride by selling a 2WD instead of 4WD, as all I can see is the 4WD tag attached to the back of the car (anyone can stick it up I guess). Will someone technocrat from Hyundai or someone fully aware be able to answer the specifc question a), b), c).

I read similar questions on 4WD doubts have been asked a few times earlier when I googled for it - but not a concluding answer I could see - that means it is still out to the open with proper explanations - Hyundai in my opinion should not leave it to open like this as even their manual is not specific or informative enough !! :mad:

gudbye1, Sep 19, 2011
  2. gudbye1

gimmieit

1. just peek under the rear of the vehicle and look and see if there are axles running from the center of the vehicle to each of the rear wheels.
    2. the vehicle is all wheel drive and that year model does not illuminate the 4x4 lamp
    3. typicaly the abs or check engine lamp will illuminate if their is a concern with the system.
    hope that helps

gimmieit, Nov 30, 2011
Ask a Question