2000 elantra cranks but will not start

Discussion in 'Hyundai Elantra / Lantra' started by Cliff, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Cliff

Cliff

I am working on a 2000 Elantra GLS (174,000 mi.) that will crank, but will not start. The engine is getting spark, but no fuel. It will try to start with a shot of starter fluid. The fuel pump is good and the fuel filter was replaced. I have tried a new fuel pump relay and engine control relay, will not start. I checked the voltage to the fuel pump (brown wire 3 on connecter)
    reading 7.5 v. which is not enough to run the pump when I turn on the ignition. There are several other codes, PO326, PO315, P0315, P0130, P0141,P0562, P0707. P0734, P0760, which are O2, sensor, transmission, knock sensor problems. As you can see there are a lot of issues. I am working on this car as a charity case. Not sure what is pulling the voltage down. Has anybody had this issue.

Clif

Cliff, Feb 8, 2017
  2. Cliff

avisitor

Just wondering if you found out the issue with the fuel pump and only getting 7.5 volts??

avisitor, Jul 30, 2017
Ask a Question