2002 Hyundai accent wiring issue

Discussion in 'Hyundai Accent' started by Michael Jones, May 14, 2017.

1. Michael Jones

Michael Jones

Hello everyone,

I bought a manual '02 accent and can't get the turn signals to work. The hazard lights work, all the bulbs work, but the fuse keeps blowing when I turn the key to the "on" position (not even starting the car yet)
    The turn signal switch isn't even connected at the moment and the fuse is still blowing.

I worked on it for a while and one night the turn signals worked and I couldn't figure out what I had done. However the back up lights wouldn't go off. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out what I may have done and the next morning, the fuse was back to blowing again as if the previous night had never happened.

Any ideas on what else I can do?

I am currently looking for shorts in the wiring, unfortunately I'm doing it the old fashioned way, but I haven't seen any reason for the issue.

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael Jones, May 14, 2017
  2. Michael Jones

Michael Jones

Update: I did something that some people may consider unsafe, but I made a bit of progress. I used a wire to give power to the circuit instead of using the fuse. when the circuit has power, the turn signals works perfectly, but what I did made the fuse box under the hood start smoking and I probably made another issue.

Michael Jones, May 20, 2017
Ask a Question