2004 Elantra Hatchback GT

Discussion in 'Hyundai Elantra / Lantra' started by wizard, Aug 2, 2018.

1. wizard

wizard

I just bought a used 2004 Elantra GT being sold by a used car dealer. It only came with a normal key. (doesn't look like a chip key) I thought that year and trim model, came with a remote to open the doors etc. as a standard feature? I also found some paper work referring to a "remote starter". And I see a neatly installed thing on the top of the driver's wind shield that looks like a small dipole antenna about 8 inches across. So I'm guessing at one time it had a remote starter, which would also require another remote/key fob.

The used car dealer got the car from a local Hyundai dealer. The car is near perfect cosmetically and mechanically drives like new. Came with 14 years of complete service history The original owner traded it in for a new Hyundai at the same dealer 2 weeks ago and I got it 2 weeks later.

I don't see anything inside the car that would be for an anti-theft option like operational status lights etc.

So does anyone have any info on the keyless entry being a standard feature on this 2004 Hatchback GT ? Or can I have one retrofitted ? The used car dealer says he will contacting the Hyundai dealer for info.

Thanks .. Rich

wizard, Aug 2, 2018
  2. wizard

avisitor

Congrats on the new ride.
    Do yourself a favor and check for any open recalls on the vehicle.

avisitor, Aug 2, 2018
Ask a Question