2004 Sonata V6 P0340 Pending Code? Any solutions?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Sonata' started by HyundaiTrabel, Oct 9, 2019.

1. HyundaiTrabel

HyundaiTrabel

I replaced the camshaft position sensor twice already . And yesterday while driving my scanner came up again with a pending code P0340. But no check engine light on.
    I wonder if in a few days will come up. As if the sensor is bad again?? Is this possible?? Also I have replaced. 2 transmission speed sensors and 1 abs speed sensor and the vehicle speed sensor ,Mass airflow sensor, manifold sensors.
    I wonder why would I get a pending P0340 still?

HyundaiTrabel, Oct 9, 2019
  2. HyundaiTrabel

HyundaiILemming

Sorry, I only just joined this forum today.

If you're still pulling P0340 after replacing stuff - it's probably the wiring and/or connector. It has 3 terminals - if you can check them with an ohmmeter do that.

Since you probably would have noticed it at the sensor end, it's likely somewhere else - I don't yet have any troubleshooting books and/or schematics so I'm not much help but I'll keep my eyes open to it.

This is more likely to happen if you left food in the car or near the car and animals decided to sit next to that connector. Animals love to chew on those connectors, in part because some of the insulation is organic and for other, more common reasons.

HyundaiILemming, Mar 24, 2020
  3. HyundaiTrabel

HyundaiILemming

What I wish is that us Hyundai owners could get pigtails for those connectors from Intermotor but I haven't yet come up with any. So I have to fix them myself.

HyundaiILemming, Mar 24, 2020
Ask a Question