2005 Accent - Check Engine Light NOT working

Discussion in 'Hyundai Accent' started by CompulsionMike, Aug 25, 2015.

1. CompulsionMike

CompulsionMike

Check Engine Light NOT working.

Hi.
    Bought a used Accent 2005. Didn't realize it at the time but the Check Engine light is not working. It is suppose to come on when the ignition key to turned to the RUN position and then go OUT.

Does anyone know how to go about figuring this out. It needs to work to pass my state emission inspection.

Mike

CompulsionMike, Aug 25, 2015
  2. CompulsionMike

thatcham

I have the same problem. Anyone know what's happening ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
    thatcham, Sep 12, 2015
  3. CompulsionMike

CompulsionMike

Turns out it was a bulb in the instrument cluster and very easy to fix. There are two screws under the top. Remove those and the plastic oval shaped cylinder snaps out. Then four screws to get the instrument panel cluster free. You don't even need to disconnect the wiring harnesses (two) just wiggle it around until you can get to the back. A small flat blade screw driver twists out the bulbs. The Check Engine one will be the one closest to where it would be illuminated if it were working.

I found a you tube video on changing the bulbs to LED or something or other.

Instrument Panel bulb part is: 4A0919040C / Osram Sylvania : Orange, 1.1W
    You can get them locally from a VW service department I found for as cheap as on line.

CompulsionMike, Sep 12, 2015
  4. CompulsionMike

CompulsionMike

CompulsionMike, Sep 12, 2015
  5. CompulsionMike

Becky

Your post went into a moderation queue because of the link you included - hopefully now you are able to see the resolution posted by CompulsionMike :)

Becky, Sep 17, 2015
Ask a Question