2006 Sonata 2.4 Timing Chain

Discussion in 'Hyundai Sonata' started by Gary Glisson, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Gary Glisson

Gary Glisson

I have a 2006 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 DOHC with timing chain. It had a noise coming from behind timing cover.Took the valve cover off and the chain was very slack between the sprockets. The oil jet for the chain was ground almost completely off. I installed a new timing chain and chain tensioner. I made sure I had the chain lined up with both marks on the camshafts and the crankshaft. I pulled the pin on the tensioner and rechecked my timing markings and all three were still good. I turned the engine over a few times and none of the marks were even close anymore. What did I do wrong?

Gary Glisson, Nov 21, 2016
  2. Gary Glisson

Anaz

After the engine is turned The marks on the chain are not going to line up but the marks on the camshaft sprockets should line up if it's done right

Anaz, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Gary Glisson

Dan

Hey I have a 2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 I am wondering where the timing on the cylinder heads lines are supposed to match up with what

Dan, Dec 29, 2017
  4. Gary Glisson

avisitor

avisitor, Dec 29, 2017
Ask a Question