2008 Santa Fe 3.3L

Discussion in 'Hyundai Santa Fe' started by Glenn, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Glenn

Glenn

Have to say, this has not been a particularly reliable car. And I'm having more issues. Just died while wife was driving. Engine power only, rest of car was fine, Instrument panel lit up. No check engine light. Just the engine stall. Restarted and drove it home. Now she won't touch the car. My thought is the well known Crank Position Sensor issue, so I'm just gonna replace it. However, I'm really confused about the part number I need. I see completely different sensors that all say they are compatible. What Hyundai PN do I need?

Second question: I need to replace the clockspring. I did this once before at about 60K, and again, got the wrong one. I don't recall what PN I need for this one. It's an SE trim, AWD 3.3, standard sound system.

Also getting airbag lights now...car has 158k on it. Hyundai still doing warranty on these? Once I get this sorted, I have to typical leaky valve cover/alternator contamination to deal with. Geeez. This after replacing wheel bearing #6, gas tank float set #2, Purge Solenoid #3, the list goes on......

Glenn, Jun 3, 2023
Ask a Question