2008 Sonata door lock

Discussion in 'Hyundai Sonata' started by Wiomarpreto, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Wiomarpreto

Wiomarpreto

I can lock and unlock all doors manually with key and from inside on the lock and unlock switch.
    The remote will unlock and unlock all doors from time to time. Sometimes it unlocks all doors and it will lock all doors. When it decides to stop working it will unlock all doors but not the driver side door. Sometimes it will lock but not unlock. It all depends on the last position of the actual door lock “pin”(the switch located on the door panel by the door lash and not the actual electric switch where the windows switches are located) if it’s leaning more to the lock position I will be able to lock the car but not to unlock it. In that case I have to use the key and open it manually. If it’s leaning towards the unlock position I can unlock the car but once I get off of it and press the lock bottom on the remote it will not lock the driver side but, it will lock everything else. It seems that the switch gets tire from time to time. I’ll give it a couple of days and it will work at least 3-5 times again and it’s done.
    I think it could be the Door luck actuator.
    Could someone please give me any ideas on that?
    I appreciate. Sorry for the long text. I was trying to give as much details as possible to avoid back and forth questions. Thanks in advance!
    -WIOMAR.

Wiomarpreto, Nov 7, 2019
Ask a Question