2008 Tiburon Speedometer/Odometer Not Working

Discussion in 'Hyundai Coupe / Tiburon' started by ClayPigeons, Dec 9, 2020.

1. ClayPigeons

ClayPigeons

Hey all, I have a 2008 Tiburon that I recently purchased. Not long after purchase the speedometer and odometer quit working, and the ABS light and TPMS lights came on. Borrowed a scan tool from a buddy that reads ABS codes, and found that the left rear wheel speed sensor wasn't working. Bought a new one off Rock Auto, swapped out the sensor, and the ABS light is gone. When using the scan tool to view live data, I can see that all wheel speed sensors are now registering speed, and the VSS is also registering speed, but the speedometer and odometer are still not working. TPMS light is also still on despite checking all tire PSI's and driving it for a few miles. I read one forum that said to disconnect the battery and hold the brake pedal down to drain the electrical system, but that didn't work either. Anyone have any ideas?

ClayPigeons, Dec 9, 2020
Ask a Question