2009 Santa Fe P200A

Discussion in 'Hyundai Santa Fe' started by Dianne, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Dianne

Dianne

Hi!

I have a 2009 Santa Fe GLS with 2.7L. It has 55,600 miles on it. Check engine light came on. Local mechanic read code: P200A Bank 1 / Sensor 1. Paid $230 to replace the sensor. Check engine light came back on few days later. Code reads: P200A Bank 1/ Sensor 1 Heater not ready. Mechanic put a different new sensor in thinking sensor replaced may have been faulty. Check engine light came back on few days later with the same code: P200A Bank 1/ Sensor 1 Heater not ready. Mechanic removed battery terminals to try to reset computer. Check engine light came right back on with code: P200A Bank 1/ Sensor 1 performance. Found some information online about a drive cycle. Hubby and I did our best to duplicate the drive cycle. Began the cycle by starting car with rear defroster, a/c, and radio on. Drove car 10 miles and came back home. Started car…check engine light off. Yay me! Light stayed off for 1 ½ days. Got gas. Check engine light back on. GRRR! Tried to duplicate the drive cycle again starting with rear defroster on, a/c on, etc. Drove car 10 miles. Started car….check engine light off. Hmm….Drove car 4 miles check engine light came back on. I Took car to Burlington Hyundai and paid $150 for diagnostic testing. Service advisor regurgitated all the information I had explained to him and said he was 90% certain I needed an O2 sensor ($550). If that did not fix the problem, perhaps a PCM ($1200). I cannot get any answers from this dealer about exactly what diagnostic tests were performed and exactly what is causing this code. No return phone calls/ emails. I tried going up the chain of command and still have not gotten any response. I declined the work. I have driven the car more than 10 miles but the check engine light did not go off UNTIL I turned on the rear defroster and the a/c. Any thoughts on what may be causing the check engine light to go off and on? Car runs fine. Is it safe to continue to drive if the check engine light comes back on? Thank you!!!

Dianne, Mar 17, 2022
Ask a Question