2012 ix35 Throttle actuator fault.

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Boxerdog33, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Boxerdog33

Boxerdog33

My car broke down last weekend and had to be recovered by the RAC. Initial roadside diagnostics was that the throttle actuator was stuck open. The car was towed to my local garage and upon further inspection the mechanic said the fault code was with the throttle body, but in his opinion he did not believe this was the fault and advised the car be taken to a local Hyundai service centre. The initial diagnostic report from Hyundai (which was £102 by the way) showed that all checks with the throttle body was clear and they believed the fault may be as simple as broken lead. Problem now being, I had to pay a further £102 as the initial hour had passed. I approved this only to be informed that the fault was with the throttle body which would be £690 + VAT + fitting to replace. Has anybody had experience of this as I have seen throttle bodies online for £140. If bought can these be fitted by a local mechanic???

Boxerdog33, Jul 19, 2019
Ask a Question