2012 sante fe radio turns on and off

Discussion in 'Hyundai Santa Fe' started by Lkp, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Lkp

Lkp

My radio randomly shuts down (powers off) and then at some random point, comes back on..could be off for a minute or 4 hours.random...there is no set pattern to this, nor does it only happen during a particular time...i.e hitting a pothole, etc......all other electrical works in the console during these outtages.....It's extremely annoying and frustrating, to say the least!
    I have seen posts where others have had the same issue. .but I can't seem to find what the answer is, to fix this.

I would like to troubleshoot this issue, before paying someone to fix it. If it is a defect in the radio itself, I would rather take my spare $$ and buy a new radio before I pay someone to tell me the same.!

Has anyone experiended this and how did you fix it? Hitting it with my fist does not work! Lol! Thanks

Attached Files:

Lkp, Feb 8, 2017
  2. Lkp

TurboRev

Could be the circuit board. There's a power pack inside the radio that overheats and causes the radio to shut down. The dealers can send the radios to have them rebuilt so that way you don't replace them with a new one.

TurboRev, Feb 9, 2017
Ask a Question