2013 Veloster

Discussion in 'Hyundai Veloster' started by JoeCal1952, Nov 13, 2019.

1. JoeCal1952

JoeCal1952

Hello, and thanks for having me on this website.
    I own a 2013 Volaster and it has been extremely good to me up until a month ago.
    Started out with check engine light so I brought it to the dealer. They found nothing wrong and reset the light. OK - I continued to drive and then noticed extreme hesitation/stalling, ONLY when making right turns. Then the instrument panel went out and the speedometer and Tach stopped working.
    Back to the dealer and they corrected the speedometer/Tach issue but couldn't replicate the stalling on right turns.
    I went through this 4 times to the dealer, they finally found the same issue I was having with stalling on right turns, and they finally said, "buy a new car"-We don't know what it is and can't fix it.
    150,000 miles on it and it drives great, but make a right turn and she stalls. Hyundai can't fix it and I KNOW this has to be a simple thing going on. Catalytic converter is fine according to diagnostics. ??????
    Any ideas?

JoeCal1952, Nov 13, 2019
  2. JoeCal1952

avisitor

Don't know.
    The dealer's mechanics should have more experience
    I would check the wheel when it is jacked up in the air
    See if there is any noise while rotating
    And if there is any play (loose) hands at 12 and 6
    Then again with hands at 9 and 3

avisitor, Nov 15, 2019
Ask a Question