2016 Hyundai Tucson 2.0L GDI engine seized, dead, lock up ….

Discussion in 'Hyundai Tucson' started by dylan57, Apr 18, 2021.

1. dylan57

dylan57

Hello,

I have a 2016 Tucson with 132,000 miles on it. I love this car, but the engine seized, died, lock up.

I bought it new in early 2016 and put about 30,000 miles on it per year. Changed the oil every 3000 miles, did all the scheduled service, and only had minor issue outside of the regular tires, brakes, battery type stuff.

I was driving in downtown Austin, stopped at a light, started to go, the engine knocked and shut off in a couple of seconds. I turned the key and got a clunk. It would not turn over. I had it towed to my mechanic who said the engine seized and would be thousands of dollars to rebuild it if there is no damage to the block. He started looking for a used or rebuilt engine but could not find any at all.

Does anyone have a source for used or rebuild 2.0L engines? Or any suggestions. The rest of the car is in great shape and I still owe a little money on it so I need to fix it, I am renting a car to get to work.

Thanks!

dylan57, Apr 18, 2021
  2. dylan57

dylan57

Second opinion confirms the first. I had the Tucson towed to the dealer I purchased it from and they confirmed that the engine is seized. The dealer gave me an estimate to replace the motor with a new one and the price is way out of my budget, so I am back looking for a used or rebuilt one. Anyone have a good source for used or rebuilt Hyundai Nu 2.0L GDI motors?

Thanks!

dylan57, Apr 24, 2021
Ask a Question