2016 SantaFe limited hard shift

Discussion in 'Hyundai Santa Fe' started by Briannas2016santafe, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Briannas2016santafe

Briannas2016santafe

not sure if this has happened to others or not ? Our 2016 Santa Fe 3.3 has started shifting hard in the mornings when my wife leaves for work, it slams into 2nd ? Gear . Usually only does it one time but has done multiple times I one day ! Took to dealer , they could not replicate it . Tried to video it with go pro but it does not show it clear enough! Car will go days without it doing it , then do it a few times in a row ! Sometimes it’s bangs the gear so hard it chirps the tires!! It started happening right after 60k miles . Anyone else experience this? Dealer won’t do anything til they can replicate this , which we understand is tough to do

Briannas2016santafe, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Briannas2016santafe

Jamessantefe

same problem with my 2016 sport.....the dealership is no help!

Jamessantefe, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Briannas2016santafe

avisitor

I had that with my old 2001 Elantra.
    When cold, the engine would feel like it was making the tranny slam into gear.
    Took it to Aamco. They knew how to fix it. Three days later and so many dollars lighter.
    Got the car back. Running better than ever. Then the rest of the car fell apart.

avisitor, Jan 8, 2020
Ask a Question