2017 Santa Fe 2L Turbo acceleration issues

Discussion in 'Hyundai Santa Fe' started by Hidiax, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Hidiax

Hidiax

Our 2017 Fe has two issues I would be interested in comments on:
    1. From a stop or slow speed there is a noticeable delay in acceleration - the vehicle hesitates, then accelerates rapidly. This is a serious safety issue; we've almost been T-boned turning left across traffic! Web search identifies this as a common complaint; dealer maintains it is "normal" turbo lag and nothing can be done about it.
    2. At highway speeds, the vehicle fails to accelerate when attempting to pass another vehicle. Tachometer revs to 5200+ rpm when throttle is pressed and transmission shifts to passing gear, but the vehicle loses power and will not accelerate. Has happened twice when cruise control was on, but then continues even after cruise is shut off. Happens in Eco, Normal and Sport driving modes. Shutting off engine and restarting solved the problem the first time, but not the most recent event. Check engine light came on the second time. Dealer says it may be a faulty fuel pressure regulator; doesn't make sense to me, but I'm no mechanic

Hidiax, Sep 15, 2017
  2. Hidiax

avisitor

Scan and get the diagnostic trouble code from car (format is PXXXX, the XXXX are numbers to identify issue)

For safety, would look for more space before taking that left turn
    Do you floor the pedal or take a gradual approach to accelerating?
    Is the engine revving higher but the car isn't moving?

Maybe a transmission issue?
    Keep hounding the dealer to fix the issue?
    Maybe it will be enough to get the lemon law active?
    Or get the dealer trying harder to fix issue?

avisitor, Sep 15, 2017
Ask a Question