2018 Sonata Fuel Issues

Discussion in 'Hyundai Sonata' started by Stevenh715, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Stevenh715

Stevenh715

I have a 2018 Sonata 2.4L and have been having what seems to be fuel problems. A couple of weeks ago my car was not accelerating when pushing the gas initially then it would finally get going. I parked and turned the car off and went into the store and when I came back to start the car it took a longer than normal to start. When it did start it ran for a few seconds and then turned off, acting like it was not getting fuel. I had about a quarter tank of gas when this happened. I looked at some forums and found one where someone said their fuel gauge was stuck at a quarter and had the same issue, but really they were out of gas. I fueled up and the car ran again. After I fueled up every once in a while the car seemed to take a little longer to start, but nothing concerning. Now that I am at around a half of a tank, I am having intermittent problems with the car turning off again when I start it, and it is taking longer to start more frequently. Anyone have any thoughts on what it is before I start replacing parts in the fuel system?

Stevenh715, Jul 10, 2021
Ask a Question