2020 Sonata Questions

Discussion in 'Hyundai Sonata' started by dfar, Feb 15, 2020.

1. dfar

dfar

Hi, I purchased the 2020 Sonata SE Dec 2019. A couple of thing are concerning and I'd like to find out if others have experienced this and/or if this is normal? I've been unable to find any information online.

1. From the day that I drove it home from the dealership I've noticed what smells like burnt oil when parked and engine is turned off. I've noticed it a time or two while sitting idled in line at the drive through as well. No warning lights, the smell quickly goes away, and there is no oil on the ground under the car.

2. Upon a cold start, (after car has been sitting for several hours), when the key is turned the engine doesn't start right away. I instinctively return the key to the off position and then back to start a second time and it'll start right up. I've held it in the start position and after a few seconds it will start. None of the three previous Sonata's I've owned ever did this. They all have started immediately when the key is turned to start. I've tried to locate this in the manual, thinking maybe it's some sort of feature, but haven't been able to find anything on this issue?

dfar, Feb 15, 2020
Ask a Question