2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate - Fuzzy Backup Camera

Discussion in 'Hyundai Tucson' started by amrit261, Jan 11, 2021.

1. amrit261

amrit261

Hi,

I just bought a 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate yesterday and just noticed that the backup camera is fuzzy and almost of no use at night. We are in 2021 and almost do not pay attention to how the camera quality is (expecting it to be great) while buying a car, but now that I look at it, the camera is not at all worthy to be on a $35k vehicle. What should I do? Does Hyundai have a replacement camera for this problem? Any suggestions will be really helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2021
    amrit261, Jan 11, 2021
  2. amrit261

Quiteno2022

We have a 2019 Limited, same thing. Right after our purchase, we had the dealer change the camera and it is no different. I installed my own from Amazon in my 2007 Tacoma and it's better than the camera Hyundai uses. Actually , the camera in our 2017 was better than the 2019. Hyundai trying to save $10 on a cheap camera......

Quiteno2022, Jan 14, 2021
  3. amrit261

mam320

I just bought. 2021 Tucson Limited and the backup camera is useless at night. There is no light to brighten up the road or driveway.. my 2014 Tucson had a great camera. I am bringing my car in this week to see what they can do.

mam320, Apr 20, 2021
  4. amrit261

2021tucsonbackupcameraSUX

My 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate backup camera is fuzzy also and at night is useless, as others have said dealer is saying it is acceptable. Hyundai must have got a good deal on cheap crappy cammeras from Alibaba and decided to put them on their top trim package. This is unacceptable, the image literally looks like a 2000 model camera.

2021tucsonbackupcameraSUX, Sep 2, 2021
  5. amrit261

NYNJ2022

I've had my 2021 Tuscon Ultimate since April. I've experienced the same issue with the rearview camera being absolutely useless.
    I regrettably never thought to test the rear camera during the tests drive. This has to be the only feature I don't like about this car. However this is a big issue for me. I genuinely thought at first there was still a protective film on the rear camera lense but after a ton of checking, I realized it is just a really, REALLY crappy camera.
    Hopefully Hyundai does the right thing and performs some sort of recall on this as it's a huge let down on such an expensive car.
    It's seems like no one had any luck with getting this issue resolved but I'd to happy to hear of anyone has had success

NYNJ2022, Jan 4, 2022
    mam320 likes this.
Ask a Question