AC blower out on 2016 elantra

Discussion in 'Hyundai Elantra / Lantra' started by Dcfirebottle, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Dcfirebottle

Dcfirebottle

Checked inside and under the hood fuses. Also tested the blower relay, (reads 80 ohms). About to pull motor and resistor to test, thought I'd check here first to see if this problem sounds familiar to anyone? Thanks.

Dcfirebottle, Aug 25, 2017
  2. Dcfirebottle

avisitor

Even if the resistors pack was blown/out, high would still work cause it by passes the resistor pack.
    I have never tested a relay by reading its resistance. Rather, I put power to the control circuit and see it the load side opens or closes the circuit. Sometimes it is possible to switch the relay with another to see if there is any change. Before taking blower motor out, I would check to see if there is power going to the blower motor and check also for ground. Have seen sometimes the connector pins aren't making good contact. If the blower motor is getting the power and ground it needs then blower motor needs replacing. If it is not getting powers and grounds then wiring to blower needs to be checked

avisitor, Aug 26, 2017
  3. Dcfirebottle

Dcfirebottle

Saw a youtube video about testing a relay that way. I'll give it a try. Supposed to be able to here it click when it's operating properly, but not too sure about that.. Not sure if any of the other relays under the hood that are the same but I'll check it out. Have a feeling I'll probably end up changing the blower motor but I'll take your advise and make sure power is getting there first. Appreciate the info avisitor.

Dcfirebottle, Aug 26, 2017
  4. Dcfirebottle

avisitor

It is possible to by pass the relay.
    If the pin out is shown on the relay
    Then taking a jumper from pin 87 to pin 30 on the socket (careful)
    Should by pass relay and turn on the blower motor
    Don't do it if you don't know for sure.
    You don't want to cause more problems.

Note: I have seen where a loose connector near the blower motor would stop it from working
    Just something to check

avisitor, Aug 26, 2017
Ask a Question