Acting like a dead battery

Discussion in 'Hyundai Accent' started by Flingarrows, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Flingarrows

Flingarrows

Hello all,
    I have a 2009 Accent, and have a strange problem that just started happening a week or so ago.

It has an intermittent electrical problem. The symptom is it acts like the battery is completely dead: no interior lights, radio, dash, or click when you turn the key. This has happened 3 times in the last couple of weeks.

If you measure the battery voltage it is good. A battery charger show zero draw. It seemed to start after that, buy not due to the assist from the charger.

I have had a few instances where the car starts right up, but all radio presets are lost.

Today while driving I had 2 things happen about 15 minutes apart: radio stopped for a second, but came on at lower volume (like it does when you first start the car). I was driving, and the engine did not hiccup. The second thing it did was momentarily the radio stopped when I pushed the hazard button, when car was stopped, but engine running engine.

One thing, that could be completely unrelated, is that normally you can leave the headlight switch on, and the light s will go out when you shut the car off and remove the key. A few times the marker lights stayed on and had to shut the light switch off.

Any ideas?

Flingarrows, Jan 26, 2014
  2. Flingarrows

Flingarrows

I just bought an electronic copy of the service manual, and am browsing that. I'll really need to duplicate the trouble to start testing voltages on the BCM. Hopefully someone has seen this before.

Completely unrelated to the symptom, but cps was replaced 6k miles ago. Knock on wood, this has been the only thing since buying the car, and the odometer is at 110,000 miles

Flingarrows, Jan 26, 2014
Ask a Question