AKS#10 camshaft bracket doesn’t fit in 2018 Tucson SEL

Discussion in 'Hyundai Tucson' started by Bluemonkeybox, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Bluemonkeybox

Bluemonkeybox

Im helping a friend with her head. Her ex started replacing it and stopped halfway through. Now I’m piecing together that he may have quite because he ordered the wrong parts. I am -not- a mechanic, and am pretty blind here. She knows this but the car has been sitting in pieces in her front yard for a year, so here we go.

I have 2 camshaft brackets, the old one and the new one. The old one says N-GDI 3 and the new one says AKS#10. I don’t know much about Hyundai but from what I can gather, it seems this new camshaft bracket (AKS#10) belongs on an Elantra or some Kia car. I want to know if a 2018 Tucson SEL is specifically a N-GDI 3, or if they all say this on the camshaft bracket.

as a result of this issue, I have also been led to wonder if this vehicle would feature a Nu engine or a GDI engine? I’ve even seen some people label it as Nu-GDI, so which is it?
    I have a plastic cover that says GDI. But the N-GDI 3 labeling makes me think its Nu-GDI. The manual didn’t really answer my question.

Bluemonkeybox, Jan 22, 2023
Ask a Question