Alternator changed but ebrake and battery light still on

Discussion in 'Hyundai Tucson' started by jeffbell72, Dec 1, 2019.

1. jeffbell72

jeffbell72

I replaced the alternator in my 2005 tuscon. its the 2 wheel drive 4 cyl model. The battery tested good as did the altenator. I ended up having to change the belts and the lights still come on flicker on and off. I also had to change the climate control dial unit as the fan switch was not working and the fan would go on and off. The new unit worked and then I turned car off and back on and now not working. Is there some kind of relay or wiring that runs all that.

jeffbell72, Dec 1, 2019
  2. jeffbell72

avisitor

Would clean the battery posts and cable terminals
    And don't forget to clean the grounding points.
    Corrosion can cause this flicker of dash lights

avisitor, Dec 1, 2019
  3. jeffbell72

jeffbell72

thanks I will try that. What do you think about my climate control fan. it is intermittnetly working. new one has been installed and I rechecked all the connections and are fine. I can hear the compressor kick on for the defroster and AC and feel heat coming from the vents. Sometimes it is working and I turn car off and it doesnt come back on when I restart and sometimes it does.

jeffbell72, Dec 1, 2019
  4. jeffbell72

avisitor

This sounds like a Chrysler TIPM issue.
    Have heard or this kind of issue with corrosion in engine bay fuse boxes on Chrysler vehicles.
    Sorry, don't know about it in Hyundai Tucson.

avisitor, Dec 2, 2019
  5. jeffbell72

DIABLO

check your main battery (+) back to alternator. Mine rotted out about 4inches back from alternator, on a 2.7l v6. Replaced it with welding wire I picked up at auto parts shop. Yes welding wire, it sounds wired but google it

DIABLO, Feb 7, 2020
Ask a Question