Apple carplay volume control

Discussion in 'Hyundai i30' started by John Wayne, Aug 25, 2022.

1. John Wayne

John Wayne

Hi, I am having an issue with my Apple Carplay in that when I connect it up I am not able to control the volume from both the steering wheel or the radio itself. It is very random and happens when using apps like Spotify, and radio stations. What normally happens is when I start the car up in my driveway and say select a Spotify playlist and also set my destination via Apple maps, the volume control works perfectly from the steering wheel and the radio unit itself. Then a couple of kilometres up the road I loose control of the volume completely. I also noted the sound level bar changes for vertical stripes to small square “boxes” which will move up and down in response to using the volume controls on the steering wheel and the head unit but the sound level does not change. Has anyone else experienced this problem. My car is a 2016 Hyundai i30. Look forward to hearing from someone. Thanks JOHN

John Wayne, Aug 25, 2022
Ask a Question