AWD light coming on and off

Discussion in 'Hyundai Tucson' started by Malonem6208, May 30, 2020.

1. Malonem6208

Malonem6208

Hey guys this is my first post here. So I just bought this 2012 Tucson with only 67k miles on it. It drives amazing and haven't had no issues out of it. However, just the other day the AWD light came on and it has been coming on and off intermittently ever since. I took it back to the dealer and he sent it to Hyundai to have a complete workup and they could find nothing wrong. They're trying to say they drove it for a hundred miles and the light never came on, which I find hard to believe. I did some research and found out this has been a problem for Tucson's....

The problem: Vehicles may have a faulty 4WD coupler actuator motor, which could cause faulty 4WD operation and/or a lit 4WD malfunction indicator lamp on the dash.

Corrective action: Dealers will replace the coupling actuator motor and harness 4WD coupling.

Anybody have any answers?

Malonem6208, May 30, 2020
  2. Malonem6208

avisitor

Sorry don't know about AWD coupler actuators
    Sounds like you have your own answers.
    Just got to get dealer to agree

avisitor, May 31, 2020
Ask a Question