Brake pedal fade

Discussion in 'Hyundai Santa Fe' started by rodney, Sep 19, 2016.

1. rodney

rodney

Hi I have a 2010 Santa Fe, FWD 2.4 engine .

My problem is :- The brake pedal is hard when everything is turned off , but as soon a the engine is running the pedal will stop the car but then slowly go to the floor.
    I've replaced the master cylinder three times, the booster once, the ABS module once, the intensifier once, The rear calipers once, the front calipers once, the front hoses once, checked all the slide pins,
    greased and new rubbers, to slide pins, put on new pads all round, The system has been bled 9 times.
    A brake shop can't figure it out. I relented & took it to the dealership. They told me it needed computer bleeding so I O K 'd that Also told me it should be scanned with their scanner. $350.00 later they returned my car to tell me that it will stop but the pedal fades. I can't get passed the switchboard at Hyundai . My OBD Scanner unfortunately is blocked from reading Hyundai codes, no hope there.
    I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting too much vacuum, It's pulling 25 inches. I wonder if the vacuum is pulling the master too far. Does anyone know if it has a vacuum regulator?
    Has any one out there had similar problems. I've been working on cars and building cars for over sixty years & this thing has got me Buffaloed. Ma'be one of you young guy's who know more about the newer vehicles can give me some ideas . I have a hoist so it's not a big deal to get under this thing. Other than this I would say it's a terrific car.
    Thank you in advance for any help. Rod

rodney, Sep 19, 2016
Ask a Question