Changing engine

Discussion in 'Hyundai Tucson' started by Extremeshannon, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Extremeshannon

Extremeshannon

Hello all hope I am in the right spot. I am changing out my V6 engine and can’t seem to separate the engine from the tranny. This is a 2009 Tucson V6 4 wheel drive or AWD. The transfer case seems to be in the way of a bolt. Not sure if I can separate the transfer case with out problems. Any help would be great.
    Shannon

Attached Files:

Extremeshannon, Nov 3, 2021
  2. Extremeshannon

ValleyLlama

I just swapped out my transmission from a 2007 Tucson. I followed the 'manual' and found it didn't work. I pulled the entire front end - hood, rad, etc. and pulled the motor and tyranny together. I then swapped the transmission -lots of room to work - and now I am just putting it all back together. I had to pull both CV axles and I dropped the sub frame as well. I removed the AC pump and rad and just moved them out of the way. It seems to be going together again. The throttle linkage was the trickiest thing to do. I found the transmission would not separate because of sub-rame issues even after I dropped it. Good luck!

ValleyLlama, Nov 13, 2023
Ask a Question