Coffee in my 2006 Sonata under shift handle/gear box. How do I access area in front of cup holder?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Sonata' started by Tari, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Tari

Tari

Hi
    I spilled coffee (with cream, sugar & chocolate) into my gear box, directly under my gear shift handle which is in front of my cup holder. Much searching on youtube suggests that the problem I'm having with my transmission shifting is the coffee soaked & gunked up sensor in the gear box. Unfortunately the man who posted the videos didn't film and now can't remember where the "four screws" he talks about removing were located. I've found two and perhaps two more under the arm rest. However, the manual on line says there are more and that I need to remove the seat etc to access the rest of the screws and bolts. The youtube video man says it took him just a few minutes to access the gear box so I'm sure no seat removal etc.

I did read the partial post of how to remove the center console previous thread, sadly the man responding suggested a web site that as "just a Sonata owner" I can't access. Also I live in Vancouver Washington and am visiting a friend 500+ miles away in Canada so getting home with no big expensive repair jobs is a MUST!!!

Thanks for the help!

Tari, Dec 10, 2016
Ask a Question