DAB stopped working out of the blue, FM & AM still working and GPS ok

Discussion in 'Hyundai Tucson' started by astronaughtee, Feb 6, 2021.

1. astronaughtee

astronaughtee

I have a 2018 HYUNDAI TUCSON and all of a sudden the DAB radio has stopped working. Initially i thought perhaps it was the weather playing with the signal, but after 3 days i realised none of my DAB favourites worked. The FM and AM work as they should. Its odd as this has come about out of the blue. I have tried the following:

1. Re scanned the radio, and i just get FM stations back
    2. Pressed the little reset hole on the front of the headset
    3. Checked that i can get DAB station from inside my home and checked local transmitters websites and there are no issues.
    4. I checked the connections at the rear of the headset by taking dashboard apart.
    5. Checked connections on bottom of shark fin.

I presume the AM/FM aerial goes from the bottom of shark fin to the top of the rear windscreen, as i disconnected a black cable (i recollect) which made the signal go fuzzy. Im not sure where the DAB aerial is. Is it the shark fin ??

I'm a bit of loss as what to try next ?? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Anton

astronaughtee, Feb 6, 2021
Ask a Question