Does anyone have these problems with sonata 2002 STD?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Sonata' started by nexttimei'mgoingwithjapanesecar, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Does anyone have or had problems like: brum brake noises, continuous vibration, wind noises, transmission problem, speaker problem, and with service center?
    I have Hyundai Sonata 2002 STD(2.4L I4). I regret that I didn't buy Honda Accord. I had a choice of paying two to three thousand more to buy Honda Accord. At the time of purchase, I told and asked myself : how bad could it be?, it has good warranty RIGHT?, it looks O.K.
    Now, I've only driven less than 30,000 miles, the car vibrates continuously when gear is on DRIVE. It doesn't vibrate when the car is moving, but it vibrates when it's not moving. I went to a sevice center, and all they told me was that they can not fix the problem, because CHECK ENGINE light is not on. WOW! This is what I get with long haul warranty? I talked to the consumer affairs in Calif., but they really didn't care about it.
    Also, the drum brakes made loud noises when I only had about 10,000 miles or less on my car. The service center told me it's NORMAL and ALL SONATAS should make that noises. WOW! What can I say to that?
    When the engine is cold, all of the gears are stiff. It doesn't shift until it goes over about 10 to 15 miles from the original shifting speed.
    Ride is not good as it use to be.
    Now, I have to go to the service center that is faraway and with no ride back. Hopefully I get this fixed, though nobody can guarantee that it will be fixed.
    Interesting is that I found someone who had exact problems that I have with the car. He forfeited 800dollars to trade in his car. Also, he told me that he visited service center numerous times to fix his car. He really thought it was the transmission problem that caused the car to vibrate. Though, all they did was change the holding bolt on the engine. He didn't want to waist time in service center anymore, so he asked them to look at the transmission. All they said was that it wasn't the transmission, but it's the holding bolt. They told him that the parts are so low quality that it can not hold too long. So, they told him to keep coming back everytime the car vibrates, so they can change the bolt(s) again.
    I REALLY REGRET MY DECISION, ESPECIALLY HEARING THIS FROM OTHER PERSON! WELL, MOST PEOPLE THAT I KNOW WHO DRIVES HYUNDAI SAY THAT THE CAR GETS WORSE BY EVERY MILE YOU DRIVE. WELL, I KNOW THERE ARE LOTS OF SATISFIED HYUNDAI OWNERS, BUT I'M NOT.

nexttimei'mgoingwithjapanesecar, Dec 27, 2003

2. I have the same car as you and have not experienced any of the problems
    yours has had - for that matter, I have experienced no problems yet in
    79,000 miles of driving. My only recommendation is to find another Hyundai
    dealer's service center and give them a shot at it, since it's still under
    warranty. The worst thing I've heard about Hyundais in the last couple-three
    years is that the cars are getting better, but the dealers aren't improving
    to keep pace. Keep searching till you find one that treats you well, and if
    they can't fix what ails your car, you should look into your state's lemon
    laws to get Hyundai to take your car back.

Alan J. Claffie, Dec 27, 2003
  3. I'll fix your car for good if you post your name, VIN and servicing dealer's name.

I'llfixyercarasshole, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Thank you for your feed back. Well, I'll be trying.

nexttimei'mgoingwithjapanesecar, Dec 30, 2003
  5. What do you mean? How are you going to fix my car and why do you need my name, and my VIN number? And servicing dealer's name? I'm more than interested, but I would like to know more details.
    Please reply back soon.

nexttimei'mgoingwithjapanesecar, Dec 30, 2003
Ask a Question