Fuzzy backup camera on my 2020 tucson ultimate

Discussion in 'Hyundai Tucson' started by SHAWNA7, Mar 4, 2020.

1. SHAWNA7

SHAWNA7

I BOUGHT BRAND NEW 2020 TUCSON ULTIMATE AND THE CAMERA SYSTEM IS VERY LOW QUALITY. IT IS FUZZY DURING DAY AND USELESS AT NIGHT TIME. IT IS ALSO SUPPOSED TO BEEP WHEN YOU ARE ABOUT TO BACK UP INTO SOMETHING BUT IT DOESN'T BEEP BECAUSE I READ THAT IT DOESN'T DO THAT B/C IT HAS THE 360 CAMERA INSTEAD, WHICH IS RIDICULOUS B/C THE OPTION IS THERE! I HAVE TAKEN CAR TO DEALERSHIP 3 TIMES NOW WITH THE FUZZY CAMERA COMPLAINT AND THEY REPLACED THE BACKUP CAMERA STATING IT WAS BAD BUT THE REPLACEMENT CAMERA LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME. WHILE THE DEALERSHIP HAD MY CAR FOR 6 DAYS TO ORDER/INSTALL NEW CAMERA, I DROVE A 2020 TUCSON SEL TRIM LOANER CAR AND THE BACKUP CAMERA ON IT WAS CRYSTAL CLEAR. ITS RIDICULOUS THAT I BOUGHT THE MOST EXPENSIVE TRIM AND THE CAMERA SYSTEM IS LOW QUALITY COMPARED TO LOWER TRIM LEVELS. THE DEALERSHIP IS STATING THEY HAVEN'T HAD ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS ISSUE BEFORE. ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WITH THIS ISSUE?

SHAWNA7, Mar 4, 2020
  2. SHAWNA7

avisitor

Get the camera replaced????

avisitor, Mar 5, 2020
  3. SHAWNA7

Dunn

It's not only you, I have the same problem.
    I think we should report this problem must to be fixed by Hyundai.
    Back up, front and surrounding camera with very flurries
    Specially back up camera very blurry at night
    It's dangerous at night

Dunn, Aug 31, 2020
  4. SHAWNA7

SHAWNA7

I have tried everything with no results. Even hired a lemon law attorney and all Hyundai will do is state “the camera works the way it was intended to”. They were gonna let me trade it in for a different trim level for $7,000 upside down so I just kept it. Very unhappy with whole situation.

SHAWNA7, Aug 31, 2020
  5. SHAWNA7

kris8675

i am having the same issue. i bought hyundai tucson luxury trim and the camera is really really terrible at night. i just ask some friends and they suggest to change backup light with led one.
    will update once i will replace it

kris8675, Oct 11, 2020
  6. SHAWNA7

Geemanfan

I have the 2021 Ultimate and have the same problem. I went to the dealer and they said they compared pictures and mine wasn’t as bad. Hopefully they make a recall because at night it’s useless. I test drove the sport and the camera worked great.

Geemanfan, Nov 2, 2020
  7. SHAWNA7

Avig

The 2021 Tucson Limited Camera is useless.
    I received my new 2021 Tucson Limited (one before the highest model) last week. I can, unfortunately, confirm the camera is almost useless, no matter day or night. I'm very surprised and disappointed:(. Hyundai Tucson 2021 backup camera blurry.jpg

Avig, Nov 20, 2020
  8. SHAWNA7

hmnc20

I have a 2020 Tuscon Ultimate and have the same problem. I went to the dealer and they agreed it was horrible also. Hyundai made them compare my back up camera to an exact same model to compare. So essentially they were comparing a crappy camera to a crappy camera. I had a 2017 Tuscon Ultimate that had a crystal clear camera with also the beeps when you back up with better quality. All of the other model cars in Hyundai's line have crystal clear cameras but this car. I also have a Kona and a Senata in the family and they all have excellent cameras. The Customer service rep told me that that this is acceptable to Hyundai even though it is useless and I feel unsafe driving this car with this camera. My husband rented a low end ford SUV one weekend and that camera was far more superior to this crap. I have submitted many pictures to corporate but they don't care. I lease my car and this will be the last time I ever get a Hyundai. They took away a lot of the safety features like the back up beeps and also on the passenger side they did away with the beep if someone doesn't have their seatbelt on, there is only a light that blinks on the dash and no sound. I have leased 4 cars from Hyundai and this will be the last. I can't wait till my lease is up and they will do nothing to change this cheap camera. The resolution on the camera is horrible. Might as well not have a camera. Plus the rearview sensor is horrible also when someone walks behind or to the side of the car.

hmnc20, Feb 9, 2021
  9. SHAWNA7

mam320

I just bought a 2021 Limited and the back up camera is useless at night. There is no light to brighten up the road or driveway.

mam320, Apr 20, 2021
Ask a Question