Gas tank flapper missing?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Accent' started by Atodd1982, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Atodd1982

Atodd1982

Hello! I have a 2017 Hyundai Accent and was sure it had a little round metal flapper down inside the hole when I pumped gas that was like a little spring loaded door. Tonight when I was getting gas, someone at the same pump as me on the other side was trying to top off their tank and squeezing the pump really fast causing mine to jiggle in my gas tank. When I went to remove mine it seemed to sort of be stuck and took a little more force to remove than usual. My question is, I'm wondering if the metal flapper inside the gas tank filler neck broke off or if I'm remembering a different vehicle. I thought sure one was there. I stuck my finger in the filler hole and felt around and I don't feel anything and nothing seems to be broken. I'm very careful with my things and I don't ever do anything forceful but the jiggling of the gas pump did seem to wedge it in there a little tighter than normal and I'm afraid it could have caused it to break off somehow.

Atodd1982, Jul 12, 2021
Ask a Question