Gauges go crazy

Discussion in 'Hyundai Accent' started by Neekoglide, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Neekoglide

Neekoglide

Hello, 2007 Accent here: So when driving, my RPM and Speedo gauge go full tilt to the right and then full back to the left, and then come to rest somewhere around 40 mph. Also during this time the display for the mileage and what gear you are in flickers, as well as the parking brake light comes on and the check engine light, also during this time the cars runs rough and has a hesitation (this is all while driving and happens in about 40 seconds time). Then everything corrects itself and the car runs fine. There are no codes it is giving me. I cleaned all the ground wires from the PCM's to where they connect. Also cleaned the battery terminals and ground cable to where that connects as well. The battery itself is about 1 1/2 years old any help would be greatly appreciated in finding this Gremlin?

Neekoglide, Oct 17, 2017
  2. Neekoglide

avisitor

Seems to be a wiring issue for the dash instrument cluster.
    Opens and then reconnects causing the gauges to reset .. along with flickering lights

avisitor, Oct 17, 2017
Ask a Question