Hood Protectors

Discussion in 'Hyundai Santa Fe' started by pianoman8849, Feb 28, 2020.

1. pianoman8849

pianoman8849

Hi. I'm picking up my new Santa Fe Ultimate this Saturday and I wanted one piece of advice. I am thinking of putting a hood deflector (protector) on it. There seems to be some different opinions about whether or not to so do.

I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia where we have a pretty active winter with lots of salt and slush on the roads. Some people tell me that the deflectors can trap this under the deflector where it could cause paint damage and possible rust over time. That's why I'm reluctant to get one. Just wanted to get more input on the subject.

Needless to say, I'm excited about getting my Santa Fe. This is Hyundai # 7 for me. Never had the top of the line model for any car with all the bells and whistles before. Might have to go to university to learn how to decipher the encylopedia-like owners manual....[​IMG]

Thanks

pianoman8849, Feb 28, 2020
  2. pianoman8849

avisitor

Congrats on your new ride.
    Got no opinion about those things.
    Got no experience with them either.

avisitor, Feb 29, 2020
  3. pianoman8849

pianoman8849

Thanks. Getting the car this Monday. Seems that on websites, nothing is availablle for the 2020 Santa Fe. Perhaps the 2019's are the same. But, think I'll to more research. There's no hurry to get one or not get one.

pianoman8849, Feb 29, 2020
Ask a Question