Interior light doesn't go on when driver's door opened

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Suzie, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Suzie

Suzie

Recently the interior light quit going on when I open my driver's door. However, the interior light does go on when any other door is opened. I can't even find the location of the light switch on the door frame. Can anyone help me with this?

Suzie, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Suzie

avisitor

Don't know
    However, the switch is usually low on the door way (not on the door)

Good luck

avisitor, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Suzie

Suzie

Thanks, I've now located it under a flexible rubber nipple. I don't feel the button underneath it, like the one on the passenger door. So I believe there is something wrong with that button. Now I'll see if there is a way to remove the cover so I can inspect the button. If you have other suggestions, I would be very grateful.

thanks

Suzie, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Suzie

angelo jensen

Yep most American cars are located on the front of the door frame. Hyundai put them on the rear of the frame. There is a YouTube video I haven't watched yet titled door switch fix I think. I also saw something on Google about fixing the door switch as well. Gonna need mine fixed soon. My led dome light flickers bad only with the driver door open.

angelo jensen, Feb 1, 2019
Ask a Question