Is it possible to bypass AC compressor in 2016 Accent

Discussion in 'Hyundai Accent' started by pittsburghpamom, Jun 30, 2023.

1. pittsburghpamom

pittsburghpamom

Found out i need new AC compressor on my Accent. Just had Catalytic converter replaced and some other minor repairs so not looking to spend another $1k....not to mention the excessive oil that the car is burning.

Is it possible to bypass the compressor? I had that done in another car years ago but it was a different make/model. Looking for some kind of specs and size serpentine belt I would need.

Thanks for the help.

pittsburghpamom, Jun 30, 2023
  2. pittsburghpamom

KenFF

Usually you can just buy a new drive belt, but specify "non A/C" and that should just fit on. Works on my 2007 Tucson and I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. Unless they didn't make a non A/C model that year) Basically, you just need a compatible belt of the right length. You can drive quite a way without that belt but you won't have power steering and you won't be charging the battery. In a emergency you just turn off all the extra electrical that you can.

KenFF, Jul 31, 2023
  3. pittsburghpamom

pittsburghpamom

Thanks, I don't think they made a Non A/C belt that year. Ended up getting a compressor off of Rock Auto.

pittsburghpamom, Aug 3, 2023
Ask a Question