Matrix coolant leaking.

Discussion in 'Hyundai Matrix' started by Agglebum, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Agglebum

Agglebum

Hi, I own a Hyundai matrix 2002 which has done 100,000 miles. It's been a brilliant car and I understand it's on it's last wheels. I only drive it within 50 miles of home to make sure it doesn't get to ravaged.

The problem I'm having is a leak from the coolant system. I have checked that the oil is still not mixed with the water so it shouldn't be a head gasket problem and the radiator hoses still has fluid in so hopefully not a major issue.

I filled the coolant up on Thursday up to the full mark and by Friday eve, after driving only 20ish miles, in short trips, it was back below the low mark.

But I was just wondering if anyone knows a place where the leak is likely to be coming from? I have literally no money (or I wouldn't be driving a knackered car)and can't afford any major works so would like to do as much as poss myself or at least try.

Thanx, Jen

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
    Agglebum, Apr 27, 2013
Ask a Question