New Car Problem

Discussion in 'Hyundai Tucson' started by Hillbilly57, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Hillbilly57

Hillbilly57

I just bought a new Hyundai Tucson 2 days ago. 85 miles on it. Went out this morning, started it up. Runs rough like its running on 3 cylinders.... Let it run 5 minutes, never changed. Restarted it, rough for a few seconds then starts running smooth. What the heck... Called the dealer, they said for me to call road side assistance. Their mechanic is out of town. What should I do? I don't want to have bought one of those cars that ends up being a problem 25000 miles later.
    Never had a Toyota do that, I've owner 4 new ones. Couldn't deal with the Toyota dealers, so I tried this one.

Hillbilly57, Nov 29, 2019
  2. Hillbilly57

avisitor

Well, get the dealer to fix it and remind them of the lemon law????
    If they can not fix it right then tell them to give you your money back or another new vehicle

avisitor, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Hillbilly57

Hillbilly57

Its not repairable. No check engine light. Its not causing a problem right now. But what about one mile after the warranty is gone, and a cylinder head gos.

I just thought someone may have heard something about this before. I mean, really? It was like a spark plug wire was missing. And it suddenly stopped missing when I restarted the car? Been started 4 times since then, and no problems. I suspect it must be more complicated than that, something was wrong.

Hillbilly57, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Hillbilly57

avisitor

Not repairable??
    Sorry, I don't think I can be of any help.

avisitor, Dec 1, 2019
  5. Hillbilly57

Hillbilly57

I am asking for advise. When I spoke to the dealer, they said the only thing they knew I could do is call roadside assistance and get it towed in. But there is no check engine light. Can a tech find error codes on a vehicle that shows no check engine light?

Hillbilly57, Dec 1, 2019
  6. Hillbilly57

avisitor

It takes a few drive cycles for a check engine light to turn on.
    In the mean while, the ECU can store fault codes and put them as pending.

As for rough idle, Hyundai is known for crankshaft position sensors going bad.
    This may or may not be your issue.

avisitor, Dec 2, 2019
Ask a Question