Oil covering spark plug#1 from top end?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Accent' started by jsesock, Feb 13, 2021.

1. jsesock

jsesock

Got a 2006 Accent 1.6, automatic transmission, had an issue the other day with a misfire that started suddenly. P0303, misfire cylinder 3. Took a look for vacuum, intake, leaks, found none. Decided to pull each plug and look at them. All spark plugs definitely are rusted and showing signs of their age. Cylinder 1 was the surprise and issue, found the spark plug well pretty filled with oil after pulling the coil on boot off. The spark plug in number 1 was covered in oil from top to bottom. I can't tell if oil was leaking from the top or bottom? Spark plug in number 3 was not to concerning really, would the oil in number 1, be causing the misfire to 3? I think I found that the firing order is 1342? So that kinda makes sense to me, somebody said that two cylinders fire at once? Where should I start with finding the oil leak? Any suggestions, questions, or comments are welcomed, Thanks to all.

jsesock, Feb 13, 2021
  2. jsesock

jsesock

It is most likely this oil came from valve cover gaskets? Or specifically the circle o-ring type gaskets around the spark plug well?? Can anyone provide confirmation and assurance of that being the issue more than likely?

jsesock, Feb 16, 2021
Ask a Question